TaxCaddy makes gathering tax documents and sharing them with your tax professional a breeze. Let TaxCaddy retrieve your 1099s, 1098s and W-2 automatically. Upload or snap photos of your tax documents year-round and store them with bank vault security. Electronically sign your tax documents from anywhere. Make your Federal and State tax payments right from TaxCaddy.
Your tax professional’s work is complicated. Your part shouldn’t be. Simplify tax time with TaxCaddy.
The benefits of using TaxDaddy are:
- Uploading electronic documents
- The ability to take photos of paper documents using the photo-scan feature on the mobile app
- The ability to retrieve 1099s, 1098s and W-2s automatically using Smart Links
- Organizing and maintaining a list of what documents are needed.
Getting started is easy!
- Sign up. Click the button in your invitation email. Check your mobile phone for an access code. Once in TaxCaddy, create a unique password when prompted, and follow the next steps on the screen to create your account. (*If we did not have your mobile number at the time we set up your account, you will be prompted to provide it, and then will receive the access code via text.)
- Connect. Accepting the connection request grants us permission to see your tax documents, send letters and upload your tax return for your review.
- Begin. Once signed up, you can grant access to your spouse (if applicable), take photos of your tax documents and upload them through the mobile app or desktop site. You can also link your bank and brokerage accounts so that TaxCaddy can automatically return your annual tax documents.
Download TaxCaddy for iPhone and Download TaxCaddy for Android
Each January, you’ll find important action items within your TaxCaddy account. Be sure to:
- Review the requested items
- Complete the questionnaire
- Upload the appropriate documents to your document request list
Once you’ve completed the above and finished uploading documents for each tax year, click Done Uploading. This will notify us to begin preparing your return. *Please note that returns are prepared in date order, once ALL documents have been submitted. If there is anything missing after you click “done uploading” we will be in contact with you.
TaxCaddy Frequently Asked Questions
TaxCaddy is a safe, secure and effective method of sharing your tax information with us. If you have any questions regarding TaxCaddy, we encourage you to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, we’ve put together some commonly asked questions to help you navigate your TaxCaddy experience.
TaxCaddy works best on Google Chrome, but is also supported on Firefox, Edge, and Safari. TaxCaddy is not supported on Internet Explorer.
You have the option to invite your spouse, or one other person, to be an additional user on your TaxCaddy account. Additional users can upload documents, view tax documents you uploaded and review some tax documents uploaded by your CPA. Adding an additional user as a spouse also lets them sign spouse-related documents. You can revoke an additional user’s access at any time.
TaxCaddy Tips & Support
Review these suggestions to make the most out of your TaxCaddy experience:
- Drag and drop any documents you’ve received electronically directly to your TaxCaddy account. This eliminates the need to print any of these documents.
- Upload each document only once. If the same document applies to another requested item, simply mark that item as “Already Provided” (make sure hyperlnk is working) to avoid uploading duplicates.
- Whenever possible, set up Smart Links for all of your government tax documents to ensure we receive your tax documents as soon as they’re available.
- Use TaxCaddy’s mobile app photo-scan feature to photograph your documents, instead of your smartphone’s camera application. TaxCaddy converts photos to PDF images that capture high-quality uploads to your account. Keep in mind, it’s best to upload any PDF documents directly, especially brokerage 1099s, by dragging and dropping the PDF into your account.
- Invite your spouse to join your account prior to the tax preparation process.
- You can select “Reply With Amount” for any document requested. This feature is helpful for charitable contributions and medical expenses. Keep in mind, you should retain any written acknowledgment from the charity for contributions of $250 or more for your records. For purposes of preparing your tax return, we do not need such acknowledgment letters for our files; uploading a summary of all contributions is sufficient.
Visit TaxCaddy’s Help Center to access visual tutorials and the Knowledge Base. You can also contact support staff via the TaxCaddy Help Center.